Thursday 13 June 2013

Beauclaire: a blog from the man who introduced it to the UK



We thought it would be interesting to invite Robin, the man who introduced the Beauclaire Outdoor Cooking System to the UK, to write a blog. Here is his first one entitled " The start up":

I’ve been told by those in the know I should start a blog. I’ve agreed to give it a go, on the condition I don’t have to stick to droning on always about Beauclaire. So be warned!

 

It’s been a long time since those days of travelling to dozens of rallies and shows up and down the land in a battered old horsebox loaded to the gunwales with the bits and pieces that made up the first Beauclaire. Rain, mud, sleet, snow, hailstones – and the occasional glorious week end of uninterrupted sunshine.

 

I started out on my own, like a lot of my colleagues. In fact, before graduating to the rallies and shows, I was queuing up at the local airfield on Sunday mornings. And that was in an old estate car. What was I selling? One size of gas burner, which was enamelled, and one size of cast iron griddle, which was NOT enamelled, so you can imagine the havoc when it started spitting with rain!

 

Then, somewhere along the line, Lisa joined me…some will even say that after that the Beauclaire really started to be recognized as the best-by-far camping BBQ available.

No comments:

Post a Comment